Home > Ask Dr Genge

Ask Dr. Genge

I’m 64, have the start of cataracts but want to loose my mulitfocals. What’s best for me?

Q: I’m 64 years old and wish to be free of my multifocal glasses. I’ve been told I have the start of cataracts. What is my best option to achieve this? – Sandra

A: The appropriate intervention is a cataract extraction. I would aim to implant a Restor Intraocular Lens that will allow you to have both eyes corrected for distance and to still read with both eyes together without glasses. This solution offers terrific vision and allows you to retain your fine depth perception. It is a permanent fix which would remain stable over time.

Laser eye surgery and pain

Laser eye surgery and pain

Does having laser hurt?

Q: Does having laser hurt? – Helen see answer

How safe is laser eye surgery?

Q: I have been considering having Laser Eye Surgery however I’m concerned regarding the safety of the procedure. Can you please give me some information about this? – Jeremy. see answer